1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
What is 1000 Books Before Kindergarten?
- A self-paced, relaxed, and fun way to encourage reading every day with your preschool children
- Start anytime - no fixed enrollment or completion dates
- For children 0-5 years old (prior to entering kindergarten)
- Employs an easy reading APP that allows you to scan titles of books
- A way to celebrate reading milestones with prizes and incentives such as our indoor monitor featuring scrolling pictures of readers
- Library membership is not required
- Multiple children from a family may participate
How Do I Enroll in 1000 Books Before Kindergarten?
Download the Beanstack Reading App on your smartphone, tablet, or PC and access your current Beanstack account or register as a new user and sign-up for this program. Register yourself first and then your child. Go to Beanstack to get started.
- Read and then record your books using the Beanstack Reading App. You may scan barcodes or simply record the number of books read.
- After enrolling, get a book bag with prizes, bookmarks, and an instruction sheet at the library. We will take your child's picture and upload it to our scrolling marquee of readers (with your approval) and update as he reaches important milestones.
- You may read the same book multiple times, read magazines, and listen to audiobooks together - there are many ways to "read!"