The O’Fallon Public Library seeks a friendly, positive, enthusiastic, customer service and detail oriented individual to fill a part-time page position in our fast-paced Circulation Department.
- Shelving library materials
- Checking in and sorting returned items
- Processing delivery
- Helping patrons find items and answering general library questions
- Helping with special events or other projects as assigned by the Public Services Staff Manager, Assistant Director and/or Director
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to learn and navigate circulation software
- Technology proficiency, ability to explain basic computer skills and online resources to patrons
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, to sit, stand, reach, crouch, and perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts (see below) and additional hours as needed
- $ 8.27 per hour
- Will vary based on the needs of the library
- Will include daytime, afternoon and evening shifts
- Will include 2 alternating weekends per month
- Will average 18 hours per week
- Current schedule Monday 8:30am -2pm, Tuesday and Thursday 2:30pm-8pm, and alternating weekends Saturday 8:30am-4pm and Sunday 1pm-5pm
Questions about the position should be addressed to Laura Picato at 618-206-4341 or [email protected].
To apply visit the City's Job Opportunities page.