Inside Your Library: What to Expect
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Mask Update: As of Monday, February 28, masks are encouraged (but not required) for everyone over the age of two.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, OFPL has altered its operations to ensure the safety of its patrons and staff. Read below for our current safety guidelines and procedures:
- Both our outdoor and indoor book returns are open
- Items are no longer being quarantined upon return
- The library has recently gone fine-free, meaning OFPL cardholders do not accrue fines for late items (lost and damaged items still accrue fees)
- If you have concerns about being able to return your items, please email us at [email protected], or call 618-206-4341
- Visiting the Library
- Please do not enter the building if you are feeling sick or have a temperature over 100.4 degrees
- All visitors and staff over the age of two are encouraged to wear a mask while in the library
- Families are strongly urged to limit the number of members entering the building so that we can allow more households to access the library at once
- Children 9 and under must be with an adult 16 or older
- Separation of six feet from non-household members must be maintained
- Restrooms and water fountains are available on both the first and second floors
- The vending machine is now open for patron use
- The Book Sale area is available. Donations can be made anytime during normal business hours.
- Safety and Cleanliness
- Increased cleaning by staff is in effect; such as wiping down computers between uses, frequent hand washing, etc.
- Ten wall-mounted hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the building to encourage frequent use by patrons and staff
- Special Services
- Delivery from other libraries is active
- Passport applications are being processed
- Notary and Voter Registration services are available
- Copying, faxing, and printing is available
Restoring access to library services and materials is key in helping our community move forward from the damage dealt by the pandemic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in protecting the safety of our staff and patrons by following the protocols above.
We look forward to serving you.
Last Updated: 2/28/22