Summer Reading 2020
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Results of the Summer Reading 2020 Raffles will be posted HERE soon!
Dig Deeper, Read, Investigate, Discover!
The much anticipated and well attended summer reading program is taking place amid the concerns and challenges of the Covid 19 situation. We have adapted and prepared a summer reading program that can be accessed and completed online using Beanstack.
For children (birth to 13-years-old), there are 4 basic (optional) components:
- Reading and recording minutes
- Completing a reading project (Nature Journal or Writing Project)
- Completing weekly scavenger hunts and activity pages
- Writing book reviews
For teens and adults (13-years-old and up), read, read, read and earn tickets for amazing end-of-program prizes!
Beanstack is an online tool you can use with a computer, tablet or smart phone designed to streamline summer reading. Participants can easily keep track of their reading, online activities, book reviews and more. Notifications are sent when prizes have been earned so library visits (or virtual visits) take place at the reader’s convenience.
How it Works
- Go to Beanstack or download the Beanstack app
- Adults, register themselves and then all family members under their account. Teens may have their own account with a separate email address
- If you registered last year - just sign-in (right corner) - no need to register
- Log reading and activities
- Unlock badges and earn prizes along the way
This program is free and open to all.
Record the minutes spent reading (books, audiobooks, newspapers, magazines, or even bedtime stories)*. The more time spent reading, the more badges will be unlocked and most badges have prizes associated with them. Badges are also unlocked by completing activities and writing reviews. When a badge is earned an electronic ticket is issued for end-of-program raffles. You select where your raffle tickets go - towards gift certificates, prize baskets or other prizes.
If you have any questions, contact us at Youth Services or call 618-632-3783 x 5011.
Thanks and have a great summer!