Friends of the Library
Who we are
The Friends of the O'Fallon Public Library provide annual support for a number of O'Fallon Public Library programs and initiatives. As a 501(c)(3), the Friends raise money and volunteer hours to elevate the impact the library has on the community. A portion of raised funds go directly to buying new materials for the library. Remaining revenue funds other special projects.
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
In 2022 the Friends launched a local chapter of Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. We currently have over 375 local children enrolled in the program. To learn more about this initiative, visit ofpl.info/dolly.
Ways to get involved
- Join below to be placed on a contact list for future Friends' events, important updates and campaigns, and become part of a growing community committed to literacy, access, and opportunity for the residents of O'Fallon
- Shop either in-person or online to support the Friends' mission. Revenue from books sales helps fund numerous projects throughout the library
- Give online, it is safe and secure. A confirmation email will be sent when you complete your donation. Every bit helps us fulfill our mission
- Follow us on Facebook for other updates, special announcements and calls to action
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Scan the QR code above to give via Venmo. You can also give online or by texting "ofallon" to 44321. Donations can also be mailed to the Friends of the Library at 120 Civic Plaza, O'Fallon IL 62269.
Why you should join
- Meet like-minded people who welcome your energy, creativity and passion for libraries
- Joining is a way for you to thank your library and support its mission
- Whether it’s volunteering at our book sale, helping with a fundraiser or serving on the Friends of the Library Board you will have a chance to make an impact in your community
- Satisfaction of knowing you helping to make the O'Fallon Public Library ELITE
- Receive coupons for FREE books at our book sales
- Receive discounts and early access to future special events
- Help us as we meet the needs of an aging and more culturally diverse population
What we do
- Fund special projects, programs and purchases
- Advocate on behalf of the library
- Manage book donations and host book sales
- Generate funding through grants, donations and fundraising activities
- Have fun!
Board of Directors
President: Ray Farmer
Vice-President: Diane Zelinske
Secretary: Caitlin Grotowski
Treasurer: Ann Morey
- Linda Amos
- Laura Brennan
- Melissa Fanning
- Andrea Fohne
- Mary Alice Koriath
- Greg Zelinske
Library Board Liaison: Suzanne Rupright
Library Staff Liaison: Ryan Johnson
Connect with us
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at [email protected]