Friends of the Library
The Friends of the O'Fallon Public Library provide annual support for a number of O'Fallon Public Library programs and initiatives. As a 501(c)(3), the Friends raise money and volunteer hours to elevate the impact the library has on the community. A portion of raised funds go directly to buying new materials for the library. Remaining revenue funds other special projects.
Ways to get involved:
- Join below to be placed on a contact list for future Friends' events, important updates and campaigns, and become part of a growing community committed to literacy, access, and opportunity for the residents of O'Fallon
- Shop either in-person or online to support the Friends' mission. Revenue from books sales helps fund numerous proejcts throughout the library
- Donate. Giving online is safe and secure. A confirmation email will be sent when you complete your donation.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Why you should join
- Meet like-minded people who welcome your energy, creativity and passion for libraries
- Joining is a way for you to thank your library and support its mission
- Whether it’s volunteering at our book sale, helping with a fundraiser or serving on the Friends of the Library Board you will have a chance to make an impact in your community
- Satisfaction of knowing you helping to make the O'Fallon Public Library ELITE
- Receive coupons for FREE books at our book sales
- Receive discounts and early access to future special events
- Help us as we meet the needs of an aging and more culturally diverse population
What we do
- Fund special projects, programs and purchases
- Advocate on behalf of the library
- Manage book donations and host book sales
- Generate funding through grants, donations and fundraising activities
- Have fun!
Board of Directors
President: Ray Farmer
Vice-President: Diane Zelinski
Secretary: Narni Cahill
Treasurer: Ann Morey
- Melissa Fanning
- Beth Hendrix
- Mary Alice Koriath
- Marggie Samson
- Greg Zelinski
Library Board Liaison: Suzanne Rupright
Library Staff Liaison: Ryan Johnson
Connect with us
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at [email protected]
You can also connect with us on Facebook!
Friends Open House
Are you interested in joining an amazing group of individuals dedicated to making the library and community great?
If so, come mingle at this Open House put on by the Friends of the O'Fallon Public Library. The Friends hold that the library is a place for everyone to discover, grow, play and learn. We believe in reading as a pathway to lifelong learning, equal access, and the freedom to seek, receive, and share information. The Friends of the Library exist to enhance this mission for the betterment of all.
What to expect
This open house is a low-stakes, no obligation way to learn more about this group and potentially get involved. If you are an existing Friends member, please consider bringing a guest. If you aren't yet a Friends member, we hope you stop by. The event lasts for 90 minutes but feel free to stop by anytime and stay as long as you wish.
Light refreshements will be provided courtesy of Sweet Katie Bee's.
All attendees will receive a a coupon good for $2 off from the book sale area.
One lucky attendee will win a door prize consisting of all sorts of literary swag. We'll draw at the end of the night but you don't have to be present to win.
Where: O'Fallon Public Library - 1st Floor Community Room
When: Tuesday, September 14 from 6 to 7:30 pm
Who: This is a free event open to the general public. You do not need a library card to attend but please RSVP so we have an idea on how many to expect.
For questions regarding this event, please contact Ryan at [email protected] or 618-206-4342.