Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
We want your visit to be a pleasant one. Use of the library is intended for reading, studying, learning, and using library services. Any other use is not permitted.
- Any behavior / conduct disruptive to library use.
- Entering the library without shoes and shirts.
- Moving furniture or equipment.
- Use of tobacco and unregulated nicotine products (such as electronic cigarettes and similar vapor producing products.)
- Using restrooms for bathing or washing clothes.
- Soliciting, selling, or petitioning
- Bringing bikes, skateboards, roller skates, or excessive number of bags into building.
- Leaving children under the age of 9 unattended by a responsible person at least 16 years of age.
Cell phones shall be on silent/vibrate.
Theft or damage of library materials is a serious offense, and will lead to arrest.
The library is a public building. Failure to comply with any of the above may result in suspension of privileges.
By order of the Library Board of Trustees 8/10/15.
Children are welcome in the O’Fallon Public Library and we are concerned about their safety and welfare. However, parents and caregivers are responsible for monitoring the activities and regulating the behavior of their children while in the library.
- All children aged nine (9) years or younger shall be attended and adequately supervised by a responsible person at all times.
- Children who exceed five (5) years of age but who are less than ten (10) years of age may be left unattended in the library during scheduled library programs.
- Children using the library are subject to rules and regulations of the library concerning behavior, conduct and demeanor. Children should not be left at the library in substitution for proper babysitting or day care.
- If at closing time young children are still waiting for pick up, staff may contact the O'Fallon Police Department for assistance. At least two staff members will remain with the child. No staff member shall take the child home.
- The library assumes no responsibility for children left unattended on library premises.
Social Media Policy
The O’Fallon Public Library utilizes various social media applications* to keep the public informed about library events and topics. This also allows O’Fallon Public Library patrons to interact with library staff and other patrons to share information and opinions about library related subjects or issues. The library’s social media sites are maintained and monitored by designated library staff.
Comments and postings from the public are allowed, but will be reviewed by library staff for content. Appropriate comments and postings must be relevant to the topic posted by library staff. Library staff reserves the right to review all comments and postings and delete inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes (but is not limited to):
- Obscene, sexist, or racist content.
- Harassing library staff or other social media users.
- Libelous and slanderous statements.
- Plagiarizing or posting copy-righted material without permission or authority.
- Private, personal information of another person without appropriate consent or authority.
- Comments, postings, and/or hyperlinks not related to the topic of the posting.
- Commercial promotion, advertisement, or spam.
- Photos or other images that fall in any of the above categories.
O’Fallon Public Library is not responsible or liable for content posted by any subscriber or user of its social media sites.
By choosing to comment and/or utilize O’Fallon Public Library social media sites, users agree to these rules.
*Facebook, Instagram, blogs, and all other interactive online applications that facilitate the sharing of opinions and information about the library.