Tax Resource Center
Note: All appointments are currently filled. Please call AARP at 888-687-2277 to inquire about other tax preparation options. The IRS also has resources to help you file your taxes for FREE online.
AARP Tax Aide Services
Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, the service we’re offering this year will be different from what we have done for the past ten plus years. We will continue to complete and electronically file individual tax returns but on a somewhat restricted basis. Concern for the safety of our volunteers and our clients will not allow us to schedule the same number of appointments we have in the past, nor will we be able to complete all returns in one day.
We are requiring appointments for all clients (no walk-ins). We ask that you do not schedule an appointment until you have ALL the income and expense documents that apply to your tax situation, so we don’t have to schedule an additional appointment to complete your return at a later date. We also ask that if you are feeling ill on the day of your appointment that you please call the library and cancel your appointment. Face masks are required to be worn at all times in the library.
In the interest of safety, we will be offering a drop-off service this year rather than our traditional face to face process.
- You complete the 2020 Intake Interview Sheet, including signatures and sign the IRS Form 14446 Taxpayer Consents (in case we need to scan the documents)
- You make copies of all your tax documents, including the completed 2020 Intake Interview Sheet, all social security cards for anyone listed on the return and photo IDs for all taxpayers (both parties on a joint return) but not dependents
- Please arrange the documents in the order they are listed on the Document Inventory Sheet
- You bring in the original photo IDs for taxpayer and spouse to verify identities
- If you cannot make copies of your original documents we can scan them into our secure Google drive and return the original documents to you
- Our counselors then prepare the return and conduct a quality review which could take from 1 to 5 days
- We call you and set up a time for you to come back in to pick up and sign your return
- This will require both taxpayers to be here if it is a joint return.
You can book your appointment online or you can call the library at 618-632-3783.
When you make your appointment, please download the Intake/Interview and Quality Review Sheet, the Document Inventory sheet, and the IRS Form 14446 Taxpayer Consent. If you do not have internet capability the forms will be available for pickup at the library. The forms must be completed before you come to your appointment.
AARP Site Coordinator
Last Updated: 1/22/21
This year you have two options for getting your taxes done through the AARP Tax Aide program. Please make sure you have all your tax documents before your appointment time.
Option 1: Scan your documents from home and have them sent to an AARP volunteer for remote completion (no appointment required, call an AARP TaxAide counselor at 314-312-1288 to begin the process). You may have to leave a message.
Option 2: Make an appointment to drop off copies of your materials for completion of your return. An AARP volunteer will take your information and contact you once the return is finished (may take up to a few days). Again, please bring copies of all your tax documents, including Social Security cards, and bring them in along with your original photo ID. Please download the three documents (links below) and have them completed before you come to your appointment.
- 2019 Intake Interview Sheet (if you need to file 2019 taxes)
- 2020 Intake Interview Sheet
- Document Inventory Sheet
- IRS Form 14446 Taxpayer Consents
Also, please review the document below before coming in to ensure the safety of our staff, patrons, and volunteers.